Monday, September 12, 2011

First day of starting our new schedule....

and so far, so good!

We started out the morning with devotions-- I know this is going to help us set the proper tone for the day, and it allows the boys to come together as brothers for a few minutes under God's Word first thing (hopefully before anyone's toes get stepped on!) : )

We prayed, got dressed, brushed teeth, made beds, and came downstairs to start our Math-U-See. I'm a big believer in starting math first thing--it can be a tougher subject and I like us to be fresh in order to best tackle it!

Then we moved onto spelling. Logan is reviewing, and we are using Spelling Plus and Spelling Workout. I tested him on Spelling City, and then had him write the words he missed 5 times each. He was frustrated at his mistakes but did the work, and will re-take the test of missed words at the end of the day.
I have not been diligent in making Aaron do his spelling lists, as it's been such a struggle for him to put pencil to paper and focus to do the work. Now that he's reading so much more confidently and handwriting has improved, we're starting again with Spelling Workout Level A and having him focus more on doing the memorizing and writing of his spelling words.

I've been reading and playing with Jacob off and on when Logan and Aaron were working quietly and didn't need me. He's a noisy little guy, but he entertains himself VERY well when I need him to!

Right now, the boys are on a 30 minute break while I write and fix lunch. The second half of our day has a lot packed into it, but I think we've started off right. I'm such an optimist--nothing could POSSIBLY go wrong! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment