Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Well, I've finally made my nice, neat daily schedule!

It's got all the subjects covered, by hour. It's symmetrical. It's ordered. It's typed prettily in Comic Sans MS font. It's titled with "Young Christian Classical Homeschool Academy" and footnoted with 3 lovely Bible verses to inspire me and set the tone for the year. I am SO proud of it.

And I've just come to the realization it's never going to work.

I haven't allotted any time for music or art, or for working out with a friend while the boys do water sports and PE at the YMCA. I haven't alloted enough time for History and Geography. Heaven forbid I need to run any errands whatsover, because that's going to blow this phenomenal schedule to bits. Nobody had better get sick, because then we're REALLY in trouble.

I've spent the last few years being very relaxed about our schedule...and the second I try to take it to a new level I'm overwhelmed.

So, new plan-- I'm going to pray and rest on this for a couple of days, and keep hitting the math and spelling and reading hard while we're waiting for the last few pieces of our curruiculum. I may have to be less ambitious in order to get more done. We're starting a little later this year than I had originally planned, but I have faith that we will soon develop the year's rhythym and settle in. This is a marathon, and I won't be doing anyone any good if I give myself a panic attack at the start line.

Schedules and rules are both made for breakin, right? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment