Thursday, September 22, 2011

The best laid plans....

It can be so depressing to get off to a good start and then take a left turn at Crazy Town only to crash in Sickville. ::sigh::
I was pretty happy with the way we got off the ground with our new curriculums and schedule, and no sooner were we getting comfortable behind the wheel than....

Well, I'm on a lot of sick meds and little sleep and I can't even pronounc the bacterial infection the good doctor diagnosed me with--but I know that we're squeaking out of this week with only math, spelling, reading and writing. And not even the full load of that!

A dear friend took the boys Monday, and another dear friends took them last night, and I'm wobbly on my feet today. I'm teetering between feeling OK one minute and then groaning on the couch the next. My voice sounds like a munchkin (which is funny because I'm only 4'11" and it sort of fits!) and I'm coughing and hacking like a 2 pack a day times 20 years smoker. Oh, and Andy is out of town......::sigh::

Yesterday the dogs burst out the front door while I was carrying out the trash, and despite calling them in my munchkin voice and getting down on my knees they continued to run circles around my yard and the neighbor's yard. All three boys are wandering around the yard seemingly oblivious to the canine spectacle--I start chasing the dogs once they ran into the neighbor's yard, squeaking furiously at them while they joyfully ignored me and planned a brilliant game of "Keep Away From the Crazy Mom."
I finally grabbed Logan's shoulder and "yelled" at him to help me get the dogs. He ran inside to get a dog treat, and came out in tears that I had grabbed him and "yelled" angrily. "I didn't know you needed help!" he protested. The first clue I needed help should have been me running around squawking like a chicken, but whatever.... : )
A neighbor across the street pulls up and sees that I'm one step away from the cuckoo's nest and kneels down, to which the dogs instantaneously run and flop down for her petting and attention. I pick up the little one and grab the bigger one's collar and squeak out "I'm sick, I don't know what happened....thank you so much!" I don't know if she spoke munchkin, but as I was walking back to the house the big one saw Logan had a treat and took off running, dragging me down into the soaking wet ground as I tried (unsuccessfully) to hold on. ::sigh::
My humiliation was complete.
I apologized to Logan, and told him I needed to work on my reponse when I'm tired, sick, or stressed....Of course he had to have the last word and said "I promise, I didn't know you needed help!"
::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment